Welcome to the Home Page
Phoenix Lodge No. 847
The Lodge is said to haven risen from amongst the ashes of Berlin. It was consecrated on the 9th November 1957. The founder members came from amongst British servicemen then on duty in the British Sector of the city.
The Lodge first met in the Logenhaus in Emser Straße in the district of Wilmersdorf and subsequently moved to various military premises in the Spandau area until coming to RAF Gatow, where it remained until the British forces left Berlin in the early 1990's. Since then the Lodge has had its home at the Logenhaus of the Grand National Mother Lodge of “The Three World Globes”, the oldest German Grand Lodge and founded by King Frederick the Great.
Over the years, the Lodge has gone from strength to strength, although its present membership base is much changed from the military personnel of previous years. Many initiates and members of Phoenix Lodge have reached high masonic rank in the Grand Lodge of British Freemasons in Germany, as well as in the Provinces of the United Grand Lodge of England, the Grand Lodge of Ireland and the Grand Lodge of Scotland.
Attached to Phoenix Lodge is Saxony Lodge of Mark Master Masons No. 1600 EC, and Saxony Lodge of Royal Ark Mariners No. 1600 under the District Grand Lodge of Mark Master Masons of Germany.
Visitors from recognised masonic constitutions are cordially invited to attend meetings of the Lodge and can be assured of a warm welcome. It is worthy of note that Phoenix Lodge is the easternmost Lodge in Europe working in the English language.
Additional information may be obtained through the address on the Web Site front page.